keskiviikko 15. huhtikuuta 2015

Espoo and Helsinki



 Hello dear friends and family!

Last week I spent 5 days in Espoo/Helsinki and only 2 here in Turku :) I don't usually visit my family that often but now I had 2 job interviews and I had promised my sister to go and look for a wedding gown for her (or maybe she had promised me not to go with someone else; I am so fond of weddings that someone might think I am the one getting married :D).

Since there's so much to tell and a pic tells more than a thousand words instead of text I will only post pics from Espoo and Helsinki :)

My hoods :)



 
So pretty (and windy :D) up here!
A great combo: forest and the sea





This is where I always go running: the sea on the left and the forest on the right :)
Probably my favorite place on earth! So lucky I grew up by the sea
So relaxed



Judging by the pics you wouldn't believe Espoo is the second biggest city of Finland, would you? :)

My dad made soup from moose meat :)
Cinnamon roll, a traditional Finnish dessert :P



Unfortunately I do not have that many pics from Helsinki but here are some from the central parts. We have two harbors right by the city center (less than 2 km from the main street) and a couple of others a bit further away - the sea is really important here :)

A big cruise ship back there :)

A tourist in Helsinki ;D

The city hall is the light blue building behind the boat

Helsinki is on the opposite side of Tallinn, the capital city of Estonia. They are only 80km apart and Helsinki is pretty much straight above Tallinn. Actually it was built as a competitor for the Hansa city Tallinn. The sea is very important for us Finns and it makes a dominant part of the cityscape of Helsinki.

That was it for today, have a nice week! :)

Lotta :*








Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti