sunnuntai 26. huhtikuuta 2015

My summer plans





Hello!

Finally I have some time to sit down and write about how I am doing. Haha and I was so concerned about being bored in the spring since I do not have many courses and most of my friends are writing their bachelor's so they basically live in the library with their laptops. How wrong was I! I do not have more than 3 lectures per week to attend to but I do have a deadline in each course weekly (it takes hours writing one essay etc, god I miss Germany where we didn't have any deadlines, only the exam in the end of the course!!). I have also been working 3 days a week (no weekends), I have started to do some sports (finally I have been able to go running, oh how I love being outdoors!) and every weekend I have been travelling (only in Finland though). In the mornings I go running/for a walk, then to the lecture and lunch and then work and boom it's evening and I go to sleep! No time for boredom! :)

This weekend I didn't go anywhere but a friend of mine visited me :) We had a girls night, reunion of former kayakers! It was an awesome weekend with the best company, plenty of food and delicious drinks :) I am glad I got to know these girls while kayaking and I am excited to return back to the kayaking life; I got a summer job in a big shipping company's office in Helsinki so I'll stay in my parents house where I grew up (22km away from Helsinki city center), train the junior kayakers and possibly participate in some kayaking competitions in relay etc this summer! :) The week in pics below:
Haven't been much home... :D
Going for a run :)
This is where I run :)


Unfortunately I got a flue so my much waited training period ended up being very short. Well, now I'll rest and hope I'll be fit for VAPPU! Vappu is a traditional Finnish celebration, the best one if you ask me! I'll tell you more about it in the next post since it's a huge thing here and it definitively deserves an own post :) What I can tell you now is that we walk around on the streets wearing the high school graduation hats and enjoy the coming summer :) Unfortunately I forgot mine in Espoo at my parents' house but my mom kindly sent it so my vappu is saved!! :) There is no vappu without the hat!

The graduation hat! Still so white; the rule is that it can't be washed so you can imagine how the old people's hats look like since we party (hardy ;)) wearing those hats!:)

This is how the Finnish speaking Finns' hat looks like from the inside.
The Swedish speaking Finns have different colours in the inside.
 Oh, and I have enjoyed the company of my childhood friend (it wasn't unproblematic though since she didn't have a bottle opener so we had to watch a couple of youtube-videos of how to open a wine bottle without a bottle opener... (ei mennyt niin kuin Strömsössä ;)) and Finnish smoked salmon from the market :) Oh and we had a company excursion to PricewiterhouseCoopers which was interesting but the best part was definitively to meet friends whom I hadn't seen for a loooong time! :)

Oh so delicious fish!


Well the cork didn't come out and the wall got black....
Didn't help much...


I do not have much time left here in Turku and soon I'll start working full time (only for the summer). Now as I think of it I feel sad for not returning to the US.. But then again I won't have much spare time to think of what I am missing out of since I'll work, be a coach as a side of working, visit my my grandparents, stay in our summer cottage, go to a big concert and meet up with friends! :)
So all in all life is good and I'll have a great summer ahead - it's all about the attitude!! :)

Have a great becoming week dear friends and family! :*

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti