keskiviikko 7. tammikuuta 2015

Back in business

Hello!

I've had a great winter holiday (despite that fact that it didn't start that well with my knee getting all swollen and it still looks like Honey Boo-boos mom's double neck, and I was really sick during Christmas, slept the most of it) and now I'm back from the winter wonderland! Well, Finland wasn't really a winter wonderland all my stay, the weather was everything between the nasty, rainy darkness to -25 degrees stereotypical Finnish winter weather. And haha up there in Northern Finland it was -30 degrees for days :D. Ok, that's even too cold for me, I hate the feeling when your nostrils freeze.

The view from my room
Perfect ice for ice skating (not thick enough though)

On top of the world!
The sun sets at around 3.30 pm


Anyway, I got what I wanted, at least for a couple of days so I could go cross country skiing (on the field though because there weren't enough of snow on the actual tracks) and ice skating (on natural ice on a lake for the same reason as in the previous activity: there wasn't that much snow on the lake so it was good for skating). So now I could sum up the year 2014 since it seems to be a trend around people in the social media :D
Industries in 2014 - Economist Intelligence Unit

Winter/Spring:I spent a week around the new year in Sweden with a bunch of friends. I flew home was it the 2nd of January just to catch a plane to the Caribbeans (from Finland) the next day. My mom was super stressed out, she was afraid I'd miss the flight to the Caribbeans but I didn't so I spent the next two weeks in a tropical true paradise in the Caribbeans (where I met my sister whom I hadn't seen for months!) and in the freezing cold Miami. I do prefer cold weather but not when it's supposed to be hot and I've only packed a bunch of bikinis and shorts with me...
At least it was hot in St. Lucia :)

 Spring: I applied for the exchange. If I could go back to that time I'd apply for a whole year, so as a hint to people who are planning on an exchange: stay there the whole year! Half a year is wayy to short! (Especially if you want to learn a new language)
 Exchange Student Program Can Affect Students Positively

Summer: Working in the US part 2. Me and my friend had decided to go back to Wisconsin for the second time and to make this summer even better than the last one. Surprisingly we managed, it was an unbelievably amazing summer! New friends, old friends and what is more, I could share the experience once more with my best friend :)
"I owned every second that this world could give -- I swear I lived!" (at least our jeans look like they've been through a lot ;))



























Summer/Autumn: A short visit in Finland between the trips to the US and Germany. I was all excited to move to Germany and even if I had absolutely no German in my head after the summer, my language skills in German got (and still get) better and better. At first I was horrified to live in a housing with 10 others, but it turned out to be a lot of fun (most of the time, not when someone "forgets" to clean after themselves or when the toilet paper has ran out)!


Deutschland



Learn German Language
This is what I kept telling myself :D
        
  Autumn: The time passed super fast! I made a couple of trips in Germany and outside of Germany: Bulgaria, Holland, Finland, Estonia... :) My friend also visited me here in Germany. Happy times!

Holland!
Bulgaria :)

 Winter: Can you even call it a winter when there's no snow? And when it's above 0 degrees? Other than that, had a blast: my mom and sister visited me, I drank Gluhwein in the Christmas markets, spent time with my new friends and went back home to Finland for the winter holidays. All in all a very good year!!! :)
This is what they call snow :D
Christmas feeling at the uni :)
I've also lived in 3 different countries,  had 4 different addresses and visited 9 countries (not to mention all those countries that were my pitstops on my way to the final destination) year 2014. It was a busy year with tens of new people and I got thousands of memories :) Ok, I guess it's time to end this text now before it gets too cheesy - I'm exactly as bad as all the other people to whom I have laughed at because of their cheesy statuses in facebook :D So happy new year and let's start living our lives, exercise more, get a great beach body for the summer, travel more and what not.... good luck with the endless processes (also known as the New Year's resolutions or mission impossibles ;)). Stay strong my friends! ;)

 - L
 
 ps. two months and I'll move back to Finland :)
http://www.lily.fi/sites/lily/files/trendi_files/user/2/2011/02/muutto1.jpg

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti