tiistai 13. tammikuuta 2015

Lucky me ;)

Hello dear friends and family!

My best friend, who visited me last weekend, left a couple of days ago and I had to go back to school. Unfortunately we both had some deadlines during her stay so we made some school stuff, took it easy (well, to be honest we went a little crazy in the shops ;)), had some good (read: cheap) wine, and celebrated a friend's bday - all in all a very lovely weekend!
 Haha and to make sure I wouldn't get too into school and studying my sister (not the one who visited me with my mom in December but the other one ;)) is coming to visit me this Thursday, yay! Haha, it's probably 10 years ago since I visited her as she was doing her exchange in Munic, gosh the time flies! Anyway, now that I'm back home I can write about travelling ;). Seriously, I should start a travel blog since something always seems to happen as I'm on the go. Well, otherwise a great idea, but one kind of an important thing is missing: money :D Hahha I guess I'll just write about my life here in Göttingen, that I can afford :) Well, anyways now I'll write about my journey to and from Finland.

Actually I'd like to thank a flight company, even if I don't want the company to know my thankfulness; you see, it made a mistake, treated me really well "by accident" and now I'd like to tell you why:
As I wrote in my earlier post, my suitcase didn't make it to Helsinki in time, but to be honest it didn't matter because I was on my way to my other home, which is actually (too) full of clothes anyway so I could manage a couple of hours without the clothes I had in that suitcase. But the thing is, that as they called me to tell they were going to bring the suitcase home to me they also told me it was really broken and that they are really sorry - the company would buy me a new one! Well, I already knew that they hadn't broken it; if you remember I also wrote in an earlier post how I was dragging my suitcase behind me and I crossed my fingers that it wouldn't break into peaces because it was really old and in a bad condition. So, as the suitcase arrived I didn't see any "new" damage meaning, that I'd get a whole new suitcase for free! Haha thanks company x for the Christmas present! :)And to be honest that wasn't even all. That was actually only the beginning, it's getting better :)

On my way back to Göttingen I was supposed to wait for 13 hours at the airport in Copenhagen (yes, I chose the cheapest flights and I had such good/not negative experiences from staying the night at the airport in Hanover that I had decided to save money and not to stay in a hotel. So as I checked in my brand new suitcase in Helsinki I was told I wasn't able to get the boarding pass to the connecting flight since it wasn't until the next morning and that I would have to find the stand of this company in Copenhagen to get it. No problem, I would have 13 hours time to do it :)
We landed in Copenhagen approximately 40 min later than intended so a lot of people missed their connecting flights and some had 10 min time to run to the next gate. Well, I had time so I started killing it wandering around at the airport. It is actually a very cozy one, def a nice and not too crowded to spend a night at. After a while I decided to get the boarding pass so I wouldn't forget it later. As I told the lady I needed a boarding pass to Hannover the lady said: "I am so sorry for the inconvenience! I am very sorry to tell you that there aren't any flights to Hannover today anymore so we'll have to book you on the flight next morning. But this company will of course pay for the hotel for you for tonight!" I was really confused, probably just stand there looking like a huge questionmark and the only thing I could reply from my amazement was "mmmm..." which is probably good so I didn't reveal myself. I mean, I was anyway going to fly with the first flight next morning so I hadn't missed any flights, but instead of sleeping at the airport I got a free hotel night! Well, there had been other people in the same flight with me who had planned to take a flight to Hannover the same night (maybe it was full booked as I bought the tickets, because I never had the opportunity to fly to Hannover from Copenhagen the same night) and these people had missed the flight, so I guess the staff thought I had bought the tickets to that flight as well :D Anyway, happy as hell I took the voucher and the metro ticket (the hotel was 3 stops away from the airport, literally right by the metro station!) and told myself not to start dancing of joy in front of everyone there, I'd save it for later. As I arrived at the hotel I also got a voucher for a free dinner, wine/beer and a breakfast (at that point I cursed the overpriced yoghurt and juice I had bought at the airport because now I got free food but I wasn't even hungry anymore). Well, I forced the delicious pork in me and then it was time for some dessert (as everyone knows, dessert goes to a different stomach and that's why there is always space for some ;)). Now I was satisfied, time to go to the big bed I had only for myself!
Early waking up and a huge breakfast and to be honest it was probably the best breakfast I've ever had; I don't need tens of different breads and croissants, it's not that I have an endless stomach (even if it feels like it way to often) and I could try all of those breads, so it was better to have only a couple of different breads, a huge cheese selection and many rather exotic (well, not maybe exotic for people from tropical countries but I mean when the temperature sinks to -40 like in Finland the other day there's not that big variation of fruits ;D) dried fruits to go with (or without) yoghurt. Namm, namm! I literally rolled back to the airport. So haha, that's why I'm very thankful - until I get a bill ;) Haha I hope the staff don't find out (soo read this post like it was a secret ;)) and if they do find out, that they can't make me pay for the hotel :). Here below I'll add some pics ;)

L
ps I'd do it again ;)

Otherwise perfect, but it felt weird to eat alone
Mm this was soooo good!



Time for some dessert ;)

Berries, dark chocolate and ice cream

And a good night sleep in an actual bed - a hundred times better than the hard benches at the airport ;)



I'm happy, time for some studying until my sister's visit :)
Oh btw I now have an appointment to an orthopedist because of my knee, which is still swollen and hurts ( for 3 weeks it has looked like it belonged to someone who is at least 50 kg heavier than me due to the liquid it has in it), time to get it fixed!

2 kommenttia: