perjantai 30. tammikuuta 2015

My laptop is my best friend

Heyy!

Haha, the title of this post is pretty sad, pretty 21st century :D (another sad reminder of us living in the some-reality is that one day I was talking to my flatmate, who lives in the neighboring, room via Facebook. Well, I didn't know he was home and he didn't know I was home either so it's not that we'd prefer interacting in some instead of talking face to face, so it was pretty funny when we found out that both of us is home and that we could actually have a real conversation.... :)). Well, to be honest it's true that I have spent more time with my laptop than with my friends; At the moment I don't have that many lectures and everyone is just studying to the exams. So am I. Unfortunately the power point slides are in the internet and the literature is online too/on an USB stick aka I am sitting by the laptop 24/7.Another reason for me spending more time with the laptop than my friends is the project called applying for a summer job... Everyone aged 16--> is trying to get a summer job and without a Bachelor's degree and/or previous working experiences on your own field it is really hard to find a job. Sometimes I get frustrated because how can I ever get a summer job from my own field when they require previous experiences that I don't have so I can never get the first one either... Well, I just have to send tens or thousands (like it feels like) of applications and cross my fingers. I just have to think of each and every task as a new opportunity and stay positive! It will be a lot easier when I have an actual degree and at least I have a lot better German skills after this exchange :)
And yes, for some nationalities it might sound odd to spend hours by the laptop trying to find a summer job but I'll tell you why I have to find one:
a) I need money since I am financially independent (except for the 500e I get a month from the government)
b) Everyone will have a summer job/they will be travelling around the world so I would get very bored all by myself at home
c) it looks very bad in your CV if you haven't worked in the summer (looks like you have been lazy)
d) I'd probably have to be a maid at home by my parents if I had nothing clever to do :D

Well, luckily I am not only spending time with my laptop, I have also visited the theater often recently. I am so grateful for the opportunity to go there for free! (Ok fine, I paid 200 and something in the beginning of this semester and some of the money was for the culture ticket, but I mean I paid for it already so I don't think of that money anymore, I'm trying to concentrate on the positive things instead, like a free entrance to the theater :)). So now I've seen three performances and I would say that they've all been pretty good! The last one, Homo Emhpaticus had a good idea and it had funny dialogue but it started to turn a bit odd towards the end and it had a couple of weird scenes which I didn't get and which didn't bring anything to the story itself.

What else...? Ohh, it's so sad, people are starting to have their fare well parties already! The time here has passed wayyy to fast! :( I mean yes, it is nice to go back to Finland but I am going to miss my international friends, living with other people and the lovely German price level!! I will probably be in chock every time I buy food or alcohol in Finland so haha if I lose weight it's probably because I am too terrified for paying so much for food :D (just kidding, don't worry!)

Oh, and I went to the doctors to show the MRI pics and unfortunately she could only see that there's a lot of liquids in the knee but she couldn't see the reason for the liquid... As she told me that I really have to go to the arthroscopic operation my face must have lost all of it's colour and my heart just stopped. I mean it's not a big deal, but I don't know if I'll have the time to do it here in Germany and if not I will have wait until I'm in Finland which is not until the middle of March, aka no running/swimming/leg trainings for all together 4 MONTHS! (haha so I'll only do arm exercises and get Y-shaped, watch out! ;)). Well, at least I can walk now all day without a lot of pain and the knee is not as huge as it used to be so I'll tell myself once again: keep your head up, it will be fine! Worrying about it or being negative doesn't help anything.
Oh, out of the context, but I noticed one day that my hair has grown so I am able to braid it - it's the small things in life one has to enjoy :)

It's not long but it's a braid anyway :)
Short and layered hair is a little challenging combination :D


Doctor's office, they let me in
before the doctor had arrived
From the theater, this time we fortunately
got a little better seats than the last time!





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti