sunnuntai 25. tammikuuta 2015

MRI and the rest of the week

Hello!

The rest of the week was pretty interesting: I went to the MRI, I was spontaneously making pancakes in the middle of the night, had a dinner with my roommates and was dancing while having breakfast. Oh, and it's snowing!! :) So, now more into the details:

On Friday I had the appointment to the MRI in Goslar in the evening, so luckily I didn't miss any of the Marketing Performance Management maths exercises (from 10am to 4 pm). Oh I have to tell you, it was such a cool feeling to sit there on a lecture that was fully in German and to understand what we had to do! Well, it was basically maths and numbers are the same in Finnish and German but you know, I understood why we had to do this and that :). Well, that was the first half of the lecture, the other half was then again the opposite :D I'll just have to look through the exercises myself at home, it's not that difficult. Well, my point is, that for a couple of hours I was so happy and proud of myself, for one moment I thought I could actually pass the course :)

Calculating which of the car models is most effective
After the exercises I went to the railway station where I had the amazing noodle-veggie mix with peanut butter sauce! Mm soo good and still so cheap (3e!!) even if inflation had reached that place too (last week it was 2,90e). Then it was time to head towards Goslar (approximately an hour journey). Everything was just fine until I reached the hospital... So, earlier as I called the place they asked me for the note from the doctor, which I didn't have, since the doctor never gave it to me. She just gave a list from the MRI places and told to call them as soon as possible. I was wondering if I'd get any note or piece of paper as evidence for visiting a doctor but no, I wouldn't get any. So on the phone the girl from the MRI told me it was ok so I obviously trusted her. But as I went there to the front desk to tell them I had arrived the old lady told me they couldn't take the MRI without a letter from the doctor. I was really furious, obviously, since on the phone I was told it wouldn't be a problem. So I tried to stay calm, told them what I was told it's ok and that I've came all the way from Göttingen for the MRI. As the lady noticed I was demanding the MRI and wouldn't let go she told me to wait, she'd talk to someone. After 5 min she came back and was super super kind and told me it was all good but I'll have to pay for it myself (it's ok because I'll just contact my insurance that will cover it). So I finally got the MRI done and even if it took only 15 min I was struggling staying awake :D The last time I had a MRI (because of my back) it took a little longer and I actually fell asleep there IN the machine :D Well, then I got the cd with me and I was ready for going home, where I then had a look at the pics. My flatmate, who is an ex-vet, had a look at them too and I mean he is a vet but even I can see from the pics that there is a lot of liquid that shouldn't be there. Well, I could tell that just by having a look at the knee from the outside without a MRI, but obviously I can't tell why it's infected. Haha, btw it is a very freaky feeling when the other knee is cold-ish and hard like knees normally and the other one is very hot and big & soft because of the liquid. Well, my flatmate told me to use some cold gel for it and not to wear heels, but naturally he couldn't tell me much more. So I'll go to the doctors on Monday to get an appointment to get some more information of this fatty knee.

My knee. The whole white part there all around the bone
is supposedly liquid that shouldn't be there
When I got back home from the MRI (at around 22.30) I met my roommate who asked me if I wanted to make pancakes with him :D I thought it was such an odd question at that time of a day that I just couldn't say no! So we started baking (well he did, I was mostly watching :)) and nam they were really good! :) So we were eating homemade pancakes, drinking some really good Hungarian red wine and talking and all of a sudden it was 3 am! :D Haha, it was such a funny night, I just love these spontaneous chill outs :)
Unfortunately I had a baaad headache the next morning (how many times do I have to find it out that I can't drink more than one glass of red wine without having a bad headache the next day?? Had it been white wine I wouldn't have had any problems...!) and obviously I couldn't wake up as early as I had planned (at around 7 o'clock). Well, it was fun and worth it! The day turned out to be good anyway, I had a coffee with another Finn in the city center and we were struggling with the fact that you have to carry cash wherever you go here in Germany...! I never have cash on me (the homeless person/a person who had fallen outside of the society had a hard time believing me though....) and haha, neither did the other Finn so I stayed in the cafe while she went to the ATM to withdraw some money... Argh! I had already forgotten about this. Well, we got the coffee and cake paid so we were able to leave the place without having to run out and never show our faces there again.
In the evening I had a dinner with my flatmates. We made some curry and rise, oh so good! My flatmate has grown up in Asia so she knew how to make it and it was really delicious!! A bit spicy, but I mixed some natural yoghurt with the curry so it was a lot milder and I really liked the creamy texture. I'd definitively do it again! (I hope my flatmates read this :DDD). After the dinner I got several texts from my friends wh tried to persuade me to take part in a party that was organized here in the student village (100m from my house) but I was really tired (obviously from staying up way too late the previous night) and I have to study effectively today before we go the theater (which by the way is completely free ). So I passed and I was so proud of being strong and being able to say no, because today I'm fit for some maths :) Besides I woke up early and was lucky to meet flatmates on breakfast and ohh it was so funny! Some interesting discussions and in the end some dancing! Haha, my Colombian flatmate just loves the Latino music and loves to dance and to make us other to dance as well :) (well, I don't know whether he enjoys more to make us familiar with his culture or watching us trying to move our stiff bodies like the smooth Latinos but terribly fail doing it! :D). Anyways it was a hilarious beginning for the day! Now some maths and then to the theater, yay! :)


The curry :)
Oh, here are some pics from the theater, it's such a beautiful old building! :)

And from the inside
Deutsches Theater from the outside


The stage.
Obviously the free seats aren't the best ones but I don't mind :)

Have a nice coming week,

L
The snow, that I was trying to take a picture of when
it was on my jacket, melt before I got it captured on a pic :(
Maybe it will stay on the ground instead, fingers crossed! :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti